Local Specialists in your Area
What is OPTASE HYLO NIGHT?
Optase Hylo Night is a sterile, preservative free eye ointment for ocular use.
Active ingredients: White Petrolatum (91.72%), Lanolin (6.9%)
Inactive ingredients: Retinol palmitate (Vitamin A), light liquid paraffin (may contain peanut oil)
NOTE: There is a printing error on some product inserts in the product box, placing "Vitamin A" after White Petrolatum rather than Retinol palmitate.
When is Optase Hylo Night indicated?
Optase Hylo Night is for use as a lubricant to prevent further irritation or to relieve dryness of the eye.
When should Optase Hylo Night be used?
The symptoms of burning, itching, dry eyes or foreign-body sensation are often experienced due to dry or air conditioned environments. Environmental factors, side effects of medication, age, cigarette smoke, driving at night or prolonged periods working with visual display units can also be the cause of these symptoms.
Optase Hylo Night relieves these symptoms and offers long lasting protection for the eyes.
The thicker consistency of the eye ointment causes a slight impairment of vision. Therefore, Optase Hylo Night is recommended to be applied before going to bed. Optase Hylo Night lubricates to relieve irritated eyes in the morning.
How should Optase Hylo Night be used?
- Eye ointments should be used without contacting your eyes or skin with the tube.
- Only use Optase Hylo Night if the sealing of the folding carton was intact before the first use.
- Remove the protective cap.
- Tilt your head backwards and gently pull on the lower eyelid, using a finger of one hand.
- With the other hand, hold the tube in an upright position above the eye. Without touching the tip of the tube to our eye or eyelid, instill one strip of eye ointment into the gap formed between the eye and eyelid by gently squeezing on the tube.
- Close your eye gently then blink normally.
- Replace the cap firmly back onto the tube. To avoid contamination, do not allow the tip of the tube to touch the eye or any other surface.
What further recommendations concerning the application should be followed?
If Optase Hylo Night is applied during the day, vision will be impaired because of the thicker consistency of the eye ointment. You should not drive a car, be near traffic, use machines or work in an unsecure environment during this time.
Optase Hylo Night should not be used together with ophthalmic drugs. If necessary to do so, Optase Hylo Night should be applied about 30 minutes after the application of the ophthalmic drug.
Please apply the eye ointment by gently pressing on the tube without cracking or rolling up the tube.
There are no restrictions for the use of Optase Hylo Night in children or pregnant and breast feeding women.
Optase Hylo Night eye ointment is only for you - it should not be shared with anyone.
In very rare cases, use of Optase Hylo Night has been associated with hypersensitivity reactions like red, burning, itching eyes or excessive tearing. These reported symptoms improved directly after use of Optase Hylo Night was stopped.
How often and how long should Optase Hylo Night be used?
The frequency depends on your personal symptoms. Optase Hylo Night can be used in addition to lubricating eye drops and is usually used once a day before going to bed.
In cases of severe dry eye symptoms, Optase Hylo Night is usually applied three times a day into each eye.
If using Optase Hylo Night during the day, it should be used with extreme caution due to the fact that it will blur your vision.
If you require to use Optase Hylo Night more often, ask your doctor.
When should Optase Hylo Night not be used?
Optase Hylo Night should not be used when a hypersensitivity to one of its ingredients is known.
Optase Hylo Night may contain peanul oil. Do not use if you have a peanut-related allergy.
Optase Hylo Night should not be applied while contact lenses are worn.
What do you need to know about storing Optase Hylo Night?
Optase Hylo Night eye ointment should not be stored about 25C (77F).
Optase Hylo Night can be used for 6 months after opening.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Do not use beyond the expiry date (imprinted on the packaging carton).
Keep out of reach of children.
White petrolatum (90%) Lanolin (6.9%)
Purpose: Eye lubricant
- For use as a lubricant to prevent further irritation or to relieve dryness of the eye.
For use in the eyes only.
When using this product
- do not touch tip of container to any surface to avoid contamination
- replace cap after use
Stop use and ask doctor if
- if you experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye
- if the condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
Pull down the lower lid of the affected eye(s)
Apply a small amount (one-fourth inch) or ointment to the inside of the eyelid
Store between 15-30C (59-86F)
Retinol palmitate (Vitamin A), light liquid paraffin, [may contain peanut oil]