What it is:
A smooth and easy-to-apply eye ointment to ease the symptoms of night-time dry eye.
- The long lasting and well tolerated formula of OPTASE® Hylo Night provides over 6 hours of physical retention for night-time dry eye relief, without crusting or impaired morning vision.
- OPTASE® Hylo Night Dry Eye Ointment is safe for continuous night-time use. Simply apply once onto the eyelids before bed for overnight ocular lubrication.
- OPTASE® Hylo Night ointment is gentle and comfortable on the sensitive skin around the lids and lashes.
When to use:
OPTASE® HYLO Night is recommended to patients who are in need of 24-hour relief and protection from severe symptoms of dry eye.
If your symptoms are impacting your quality of sleep or leading to discomfort in the morning this night-time ointment can soothe symptoms for up to 6 hours.
How it works:
OPTASE® HYLO Night™ relieves night-time symptoms of burning, sore, dry eyes by forming a comfortable long-lasting protective film on the eyes. It is a soft and consistent ointment, containing Vitamin A as the inactive ingredient, to help improve the tear film and protect the surface of the eye. OPTASE® HYLO Night™ is well tolerated.
The active ingredients White Petrolatum, Lanolin, and Light Mineral Oil relieve dryness of the eye and protect against further irritation and exposure.
- Remove the protective cap.
- Tilt your head backwards and gently pull on the lower eyelid, using a finger of one hand.
- With the other hand, hold the tube in an upright position above the eye. Without touching the tip of the tube to our eye or eyelid, instil one strip of eye ointment into the gap formed between the eye and eyelid by gently squeezing on the tube.
- Close your eye gently then blink normally.
- Replace the cap firmly back onto the tube. To avoid contamination, do not allow the tip of the tube to touch the eye or any other surface.
Active ingredients: White Petrolatum (91.72%), Lanolin (6.9%), Light Mineral Oil
Inactive ingredients: Retinol palmitate (Vitamin A), light liquid paraffin
Additional recommendations for application:
If Optase Hylo Night is applied during the day, vision will be impaired because of the thicker consistency of the eye ointment. You should not drive a car, be near traffic, use machines or work in an unsecure environment during this time.
Optase Hylo Night should not be used together with ophthalmic drugs. If necessary to do so, Optase Hylo Night should be applied about 30 minutes after the application of the ophthalmic drug.
Please apply the eye ointment by gently pressing on the tube without cracking or rolling up the tube.
There are no restrictions for the use of Optase Hylo Night in children or pregnant and breast feeding women.
Optase Hylo Night eye ointment is only for you - it should not be shared with anyone.
In very rare cases, use of Optase Hylo Night has been associated with hypersensitivity reactions like red, burning, itching eyes or excessive tearing. These reported symptoms improved directly after use of Optase Hylo Night was stopped.
How often and how long should Optase Hylo Night be used?
The frequency depends on your personal symptoms. Optase Hylo Night can be used in addition to lubricating eye drops and is usually used once a day before going to bed.
In cases of severe dry eye symptoms, Optase Hylo Night is usually applied three times a day into each eye.
If using Optase Hylo Night during the day, it should be used with extreme caution due to the fact that it will blur your vision.
If you require to use Optase Hylo Night more often, ask your doctor.
When should Optase Hylo Night not be used?
Optase Hylo Night should not be used when a hypersensitivity to one of its ingredients is known.
Optase Hylo Night may contain peanul oil. Do not use if you have a peanut-related allergy.
Optase Hylo Night should not be applied while contact lenses are worn.
What do you need to know about storing Optase Hylo Night?
Optase Hylo Night eye ointment should not be stored about 25C (77F).
Optase Hylo Night can be used for 6 months after opening.
The shelf life is 3 years.
Do not use beyond the expiry date (imprinted on the packaging carton).
Keep out of reach of children.
For use in the eyes only.
When using this product
- do not touch tip of container to any surface to avoid contamination
- replace cap after use
Stop use and ask doctor if
- if you experience eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye
- if the condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
Store between 15-30C (59-86F)
- JacquelineRated 3 out of 5 stars7 months ago3 Stars
My mother did not like to was too oily.
- jeanette s.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars6 months ago5 Stars
- Walter b.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars1 year ago4 Stars
Improvement in my dry eyes.
- Linda H.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year ago5 Stars
Recommended by my eye surgeon and supplied the effect necessary. Received good results at follow up appointment!
- TammyI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars11 months ago5 Stars
Excellent over night eve lubricant! Absolutely the best.