Local Specialists in your Area
- One pair of sunglasses (eyesize 57 mm)
- Two sets of cartridges (each set is good for 3-4 months of daily use or about 120 uses)
- One microfiber bag for travel, storage and cleaning
Aqueous Deficient Dry Eye, Sjögren's Syndrome
This syndrome is an autoimmune disease characterized by dry eyes and mouth. The immune system of people suffering from Sjögren’s Syndrome attacks the glands that keep these lubricated, but it also affects the whole body. About 4 million Americans have Sjögren’s Syndrome, and it’s more common in women. Symptoms include gritty or burning sensation in the eyes, dry mouth, lips, throat and eyes, difficulty talking, chewing or swallowing and joint pain.
Treatment is symptomatic; dry eye caused by Sjögren’s Syndrome is often treated with warm compresses, artificial tears, punctual plugs, cyclosporine or corticosteroids.
- Clean eyelids and face daily with Gentle Tea Tree Eyelid & Facial Cleanser™
- 15-18 min moist-heat daily with tranquileyes® (with Beads or Instants) and gently massage eyelids
- Skin therapy with Essential Nine™ Eyelid & Skin Therapy
- Daytime shelter with Moisture Relesease Eyewear™
Ocular allergies are a reaction of the immune system to substances such as pollen or mold spores. The irritation of the conjunctiva causes puffy, itchy eyes. Ocular allergies are not just seasonal, as allergens can be indoors as well. Watery eyes, eye redness, swelling and pain are other common symptoms.
Antihistamines, cold compresses and shielding your eyes from allergens by wearing glasses/sunglasses alleviate ocular allergies’ symptoms.
- 10-15 min cold therapy once daily as needed with tranquileyes® xl (with Beads)
- Daytime shelter with Moisture Release Eyewear™